Cool glass railroad sign made on antique jealousy glass. The Durham and Southern Railway operated 56.8 miles of railroad from Dunn to Durham, North Carolina, USA. It was originally chartered as the Cape Fear and Northern Railway by Holly Springs resident George Benton Alford in 1892 and construction began in 1898. The name was changed to Durham and Southern in 1906. In 1979 it became part of the Seaboard Coast Line Railroad a predecessor to the CSX system. The sign Measures about 30 inches long and 4 inches tall. It is one thick ¼ inch jealousy glass.